Each product on Taobao has a page with some basic information. This will help you figure out if it is the product for you. Understanding Taobao Product and Seller Info is important when you shop on Taobao. Let’s strated…
1. URL of the listing
2. The product title
Make sure you completely understand what is being offered. Don’t assume what is being offered is what is in the picture. If you are wondering why the mobile phone in the image is being offered for 30rmb, it might be because what’s actually being offered is a case for the mobile phone. At the very least, run the product title through Google’s translator, and even better, ask the Seller to confirm that what you see is what you will get.
3. 价格 (Price)
4. 促销 (Discount/Offer) There are time-based discounts on taobao which is similar to eBay. The brackets states the time in which the offer expires.
5. 尺码 (Size)
6. 颜色 (Color)
7. Buy it now button
Despite the title of this button, clicking here will not commit you to buy it immediately. There are more confirmation pages ahead, so don’t worry if you accidentally hit it.
8. Add to cart button
9. Share this product
10. Collect this product
11. The Seller’s Taobao username, which may be in Chinese or English.
12. The Seller’s Feedback as a Seller. This is going to be the one you want to pay attention to. Look for the number of transactions and the number of icons — more is better. The icons may be hearts or diamonds. Hearts are good. Diamonds are better. Crowns are best.
13. Item as described
15. Shipping time
16. Percentage of good feedback as a buyer
17. When the Seller joined Taobao/When the seller opened a store
18. The Seller’s Taobao Registration Certificate
19. View all other items for sale
20. Add to favorite sellers
Now that you have a better understanding of Taobao Product and Seller Info, the biggest hurdle is over. Enjoy your shopping on Taobao now…